Information for Poster Presenters
POSTER DIMENSIONS AND MATERIAL
• Poster boards are 1 metre wide by 2 metres high. The recommended poster size is A0 size portrait (841 mm wide x 1189 mm long) or similar. Landscape posters will not fit on the poster boards.
• Posters should be made of paper or thin cardboard. Heavy board, fabric or vinyl materials may be difficult to keep in position on the panel.
• Posters will be attached to boards using velcro, this will be provided by the organisers at the venue.
If you would like to arrange for your poster to be printed in Glasgow we would suggest that you email a recommended local supplier. Please email Glasgow Creative.
• All posters will be on display for one day and posters are listed by date of presentation on the list of poster presentations
• Each poster will be allocated a poster board that corresponds to the poster code number in the programme.
• Posters should be mounted and removed by the presenters. Velcro fixings will be provided on the board for you to attach your poster to the board.
• Posters remaining on the boards after the end of the session will be removed by the conference organisers and will be taken to the registration desk. If they are not collected by the end of the conference they will be disposed of.
CONTENT AND LAYOUT
• Posters should include a title corresponding to the title of the abstract and author details
• The poster content should match the information you submitted in your abstract.
• The amount of written text should be kept to a minimum by using keywords and phrases.
• Clearly labelled schemes, formulae, graphs, diagrams and pictures convey the meaning more readily than a closely printed text.
• Keep the layout simple.
• The colours and the background should be sufficiently contrasting to allow the text to be easily read.
For those unfamiliar with poster sessions, please see the image of a poster session below.